I’ve been looking a enterprise architecture glossaries. I need one, and thought it shouldn’t be necessary to reinvent the wheel. Thought there must be something out there I can steal …
I found a good number of glossaries:
- The CIO Council’s Architecture and Infrastructure Committee’s Terminology, which is included in the Government Enterprise Architecture Framework (GEAF) Components Registry and Repository Version 2.0
- Interoperability Clearinghouse Glossary of Terms
- FEACommunity EA glossary (membership required, but free) is a compilation of acronyms and (very few) definitions. The FEACommunity links page has reference to related glossaries.
- National Business Center EA Team’s glossary
- Commonwealth of Virginia Enterprise Architecture Glossary (Revised 12/28/99)
I am sure there are more out there. Please send links.
Now there is one more: The EA Glossary. I created this (a blog) because I thought it would be handy and maybe even useful, for example, I thought of using it as a “word of the day/week” service. So far, it has only one entry: Line of Sight.
If a few of us working with EA got together, this might fly! It could become a very nice resource, if we could get it going. Let me know if you want to become involved.