Sean McGrath on E-Government Interoperability and Enterprise Architecture. Sean has worked with the European Public Administration Network‘s eGovernment Working Group on a report called Key Principles of an Interoperability Architecture.
The working group has adopted the “threee interoperabilities” (organisational, semantic and technical) from the European Interoperability Framework, but adds two layers in defining an interoperability architecture:
- Structured Customer Contact and Support
- Organisational Interoperability
- Semantic Interoperability
- Technical Interoperability
- Governance of Interoperability
The report defines principles in each of these areas, and suggests a roadmap for how to implement the principles. Definately an interesting read.