Calling enterprise designers and enterprise architects: Join us in Paris! Note that the deadline for abstracts is June 14, but full paper not due until October. And the conference is in April 2015.
I am chairing track 24 and would love to see lots of submissions about enterprise design and enterprise architecture. Please read the CfP for more about the conference, and submit your abstract now!
EAD 11 – CALL FOR PAPERS
Paris Descartes University , Paris College of Art , Paris Sorbonne University, ISTEC
Paris & Boulogne sur Seine
April 22-24 2015
We would like to announce a call for papers for the 11th conference of the European Academy of Design, www.europeanacademyofdesign.org, to be held in Paris Descartes University Institute of Psychology on April 17-19th, 2015.
The theme of the conference is the value of design research.
Design today is increasingly being recognized as creating value – whether for cultural and collective intelligence, for embedding new technology into new behaviours, for fostering or acting as a force for change in societies and for companies confronted with complex problems. This value is based on design research within a large variety of settings and scientific backgrounds.
The gestalt of the conference is “the whole is more than just the sum of its parts”. Taking this principle to heart, the conference will bring together all stakeholders in design research and design process innovation. University labs, design schools, and R&D departments from industries have been invited.
The conference is organized around 4 meta-themes divided into 26 tracks:
Excellence in design research
- Methodology for design research
- Epistemology of design
- Design research and creativity
- The future of design research and publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Design research and design education
Interdisciplinarity in the innovation process
- Exploring the partnership between designer and researcher
- Design research & innovation in luxury industries
- Design research & arts and crafts
- Design research in innovation management :emotion, Kansei engineering
- Design research in innovation management : CK theory
- Human factors as a source of value for innovative design
- Design scenarios for innovative product and service strategies
- Design research, NPD, innovation management & marketing
- Interdisciplinary perspective on art, lifestyle and scalable business
Towards more human value in society
- The value of design research for public policy
- The value of behavioural change through design research
- Research through design for prospective value
- Design research in Industry R&D strategy
- Design research co-creating value with the consumer
- The value of humanities for Design research
The value of design research for organizations
- Can design research help measure design value?
- Design thinking research and new business model. Design leadership.
- Design research for making things differently with more dynamic & inclusive approaches
- Enterprise design, Enterprise architecture, Research for user interface design
- Design research for sense making, branding evaluation and semiotics
- Designing “the whole of design research“: visualizing and measuring excellence.
Abstracts should specify the research question, give bibliographical references, mention the research methodology, the findings and describe the objective in terms of value.
Abstracts should be less than 500 words in length. They summarize the paper, and should not provide any identifying information about the author(s).
Some tracks will be best illustrated through a workshop experience so we welcome ideas on workshops during or before the conference.
All papers will be double-blind peer-reviewed.
Full papers should be between 3000–5000 words in length. We welcome any research approach or type of paper including conceptual, empirical and critical literature reviews. However, we expect high standards of scholarship within the papers in terms of establishing the theoretical context, explaining the methods of inquiry, and reporting results that may aid other researchers.
Best papers will be published in a Special issue of Design Journal.
All abstracts and papers need to be submitted via our conference management system. Abstracts will be assessed by members of the Academic Committee. If accepted, authors will be invited to submit a full paper. To submit your abstract, please follow these steps:
- The conference management tool will be active starting March 31st, 2014. You will need to and to create your account.
- Once logged in select ‘Your Submissions’ and then click “Submission of Abstract”. First, include all the authors and affiliations. Then, provide the abstract title and the text of your abstract (maximum 500 words).
- Please select the track(s) that you wish to be considered for, and provide keywords describing your submission. You can include any comments for the Academic Committee. Then click “Proceed”.
- Your abstract will be stored in the CMS and passed on to the relevant track chairs for consideration.
- If successful, you will receive an email notifying you and giving you details of further steps.
- If successful, you will also be also required to upload your full paper to the CMS following a similar procedure. Full details will be provided in due course.
If you have questions please contact us at: Julien.firstname.lastname@example.org
At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the conference and present their work.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: June 14, 2014
- Acceptance of Abstracts: July 28, 2014
- Submission of full paper: October 1, 2014
- Reviewer feedback: November 15, 2014
- Registration open: September 15, 2014
- Final version of full papers for proceedings: January 15, 2015
- End of Early Bird registration: February 1, 2015
- Conference date: April 22-24, 2015
Proceedings from the conference will be published digitally on the EAD website.
Information about previous European Academy of Design Conferences, including the proceedings of the 2012 conference, can be found at:www.europeanacademyofdesign.org.
- Céline Abecassis-Moedas, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Portugal
- Claudia Acklin, Lucerne University, Switzerland
- Antti Ainamo, Aalto University, Finland
- Adel Alaoui, ISTEC Paris, France
- Xochitl Arias, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Eric Arnould, University of Southern Denmark
- Rita Assoreira Almendra, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Paul Atkinson, Sheffield Hallam University, UK – President EAD
- Tevfik Balcioglu, Yasar university, Turkey
- Jean-François Bassereau, Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France
- Yoann Bazin , ISTEC, France
- Anne Beyaert-Geslin, Bordeaux 3 University, France
- Sylvie Blanco, GrenobleEM, France
- Erik Bohemia, Loughborough University, UK
- Carole Bouchard, Arts et Metiers ParisTech, France
- Remy Bourganel, ENSAD, France
- Eugénie Briot, University Paris Est, France
- Anna Calvera, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Stéphanie Cardoso, University of Bordeaux 3, France
- Tamara Carleton, Innnovation Leadership Board, USA
- Flaviano Celaschi, University of Bologna,Italy
- Manuela Celi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- William Cockayne, Stanford University, USA
- Bernard Darras, University Paris I Sorbonne, France
- Christel de Lassus, University Paris Est, France
- Hua Dong, Tongji University, China
- Ozlem Er, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Alain Findeli, Nimes University, France
- Elena Formia, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Ken Friedman, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Virginie Gannac, University Paris I Sorbonne, France
- Renaud Gaultier, EM Lyon, France
- Gerda Gemser, Royal Melbourne University of Technology, Australia
- Annie Gentes, Telecom ParisTech, France
- Gilbert Giacomini , Paris Est university, ISTEC France
- Thomas Gillier, EM Grenoble, France
- Josenia Gotzsch, EM Grenoble France
- John Gøtze, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Véronique Hillen, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, France
- Lorenzo Imbesi, Sapienza University of Roma, Italy
- Dora Isleifsdottir, Iceland Academy of Arts, Iceland
- Remi Jardat, ISTEC Paris, France
- Peter Jones, Plymouth University, UK
- Birgit H. Jevnaker, BI Norwegian Business School, Norway
- Sabine Junginger, Kolding School of Design, Denmark
- Tore Kristensen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Larry Leifer, Stanford University, USA
- Pierre Levy, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Loredana Di Lucchio, Sapienza University of Roma, Italy
- Todd Lubart, Paris Descartes University, France
- Eleonara Lupo, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Deana Mc Donagh, University of Illinois, USA
- Delphine Manceau, ESCP Europe, France
- Carola Moujan ,Université de Valenciennes ,Ecole Camondo,France
- Fabien Mieyeville, Ecole Centrale Lyon, France
- Emma Murphy, Lancaster University, UK
- Shin’ya Nagasawa, Waseda University, Japan
- Julien Nelson, Paris Descartes University, France
- Frédérique Pain, Strate, France
- Jean Patrick Péché, EM Lyon, France
- Sophie Pène, Paris Descartes University, France
- Irini Pitsaki, Northumbria University, UK
- Andrea Resmini, Jonköping Intl Business School, Sweden
- Gilles Rougon, EDF, France
- Lisbeth Svengren Holm, University of Borås, Sweden
- Mathias Szpirglas, University Marne la Vallée, France
- Stéphane Vial, Nîmes University, France
- Fabiane Wolff, UniRitter, Brazil
- Franck Zenasni, Paris Descartes University, France
- Khaldoun Zreik, University Paris 8, France
Workshop Review Committee
- Brigitte Borja de Mozota, EAD executive committee
- Franck Zenasni, Paris Descartes University, France
- Gilles Rougon, EDF Lab, France
Conference Secretary/Contact Person
Julien Nelson, Paris Descartes University
Email : email@example.com